Kelley Barnes is a well known fashion blogger whose style speaks for itself. Strikingly gorgeous, Kelley dons the latest trends on her website, The Style Barn. On her blog, she chats it up with emerging designers, provides style tips and tricks and gives us a glimpse of her personal style.
With high fashion sensibilities that are distinctly set apart, Kelley mixes prints, colors, textures and shapes with ease. In her interview below, we get the deets on what trends she’s loving and what to wear when you’re pressed for time! Get inspired!
1. Were there signs that fashion would be apart of your future when you were younger?
Indeed. My mom dressed me to the nine’s; my hair and ensembles were always super cute. I’m thankful she had a sense of style!
2. If you only had 5 minutes to get dressed for a party, what would you wear?
A flirty dress with strappy heels.
3. What’s the one accessory you can’t live without?
I absolutely cannot live without earrings.
4. What trends are you loving this season?
I love the shirting trend; I feel like shirting will be trending for awhile. The embellished sandal is a fave, too. Del Pozo, Miu Miu, Gucci, and Zara have perfected said trend. Speaking of Miu Miu, I’m the proud of owner of their popular pearl-encrusted slides. They’re fun, and I always receive a ton of compliments when wearing them.
5. The 2017 Pantone Color of the Year is Greenery. Is this a color you would wear or like more in your home decor?
Of course! I actually own a really chic, green swimsuit with a ruffled top. I also have a dainty pair of (mostly) green sandals.
6. What advice would you give to aspiring fashion bloggers?
Be yourself. Don’t strive to be like other bloggers, do you. Find your voice and run with it.